District Council 16 International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
Address: 2705 Constitution Drive, Livermore, CA, 94551
Hours: 7 am- 4:30 pm
Phone: (925) 245-1080
When they accept applications: year round
About the Union: The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades represents a growing force of men and women in the United States and Canada who work in the Finishing Trades – Industrial & Commercial Painting, Drywall Finishing, Glazing & Glass Work, Sign & Display and Floor Covering Installation, and many more successful careers in the construction industry and public sector.
About the Local: We are District Council 16 Painters and Allied Trades of Northern California and Northern Nevada. That is: Painters; Drywall Finishers; Floor Coverers; Glaziers; DC-16 Administrative Professionals; Production workers and many other specialties (special coatings, industrial, caulking, window film, paintmakers) etc.
District Council 16 and our Members in partnership with our Signatory Employers strive to deliver a “High Performance /High Value” finished product to our clients. Here are some of the departments and programs which we utilize to accomplish our goals.
- Service Department: Director; Local Union Service Representatives (17 Locals).
- Organizing Department: Director; Organizers, Job Targeting (Market Recovery now for all crafts)
- Communications Department: Director; District Council 16 Volunteer Activist Committee (VAC).
- Marketing and Business Development: A committee of Organizing and Service Representatives.
- The Pride Magazine: Quarterly magazine of District Council 16.
- District Council 16 website: New and Improved!
- STAR Program: “Survival of the Fittest”; upgrade training; STAR awards banquet.
- DC-16 Apprentice and Journeyman Training: craft specific; OSHA; First-Aid/CPR; specialty
Union Leadership: Robert Smith, Business Manager/Secretary-Treasurer